“If you want to beat the S&P 500, start thinking of the index as a filter and not a benchmark. It’s the starting line; not the finish line.” Andrew D. Ellis, Founder, ThinkingLonger, LLC
I’ve spent many years working at law firms. Here’s what I learned:
- No firm cares if you ever have enough to retire.
- No firm exists for the benefit of any employees.
- No firm wants more partners; firms only want more clients.
- The firm exists only for the benefit of its partners; everyone else is just an expense.
- The firm exists to leverage your time and skills.
- Associates without clients are very replaceable.
Here at ThinkingLonger, we believe that personal financial autonomy is a worthy goal, and we want to help everyone achieve it.